Saturday, March 22, 2008

When you know you've won.

You know when you have won an argument with a believer?

It’s when they say one of two things. Either they know they have lost the argument (Which they ALWAYS DO) and they call you arrogant.

The choice therefore becomes this.

Arrogant
Or
Ignorant.

If I have to choose one or the other I certainly choose arrogant.

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not at all arrogant but if dems da choices that’s mine.

The other clear sign that you’ve won is when they pathetically bring up Pasqual’s Wager.

I do this. I write these two things on a piece of paper at the outset and have someone hold it while the argument is under way. When I have beaten my opponent into a pitiful loss and they are sniveling on the floor with tears in their eyes, whimpering about arrogance or Pasqual’s Wager and hoping for a miracle from their non existent god, I smile triumphantly ask the piece of paper to be read.

You know, now that I think about it, maybe I am arrogant.

AND IT FEELS GOOOOOD!

No comments: