Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Atheist: We need a new word.

Due to the clever indoctrination of most Americans by their religious leaders, the word "Atheist" has become a scary word that conjures up an image of devil worshipers, anarchy and other stupid horrors.

Because of the direction I see America heading, I am now firmly of the belief that Atheists need to start speaking up.
We should spread the good news that god is a myth, no one has to be scared that they’ll burn in hell for eternity and that idle hands are not the devils playground.

I therefore propose that we search for a new word or phrase that does not have the negative baggage that Atheist seems to have. Something that would be more marketable. Kind of like the other side has done with “Intelligent Design” as a new way of describing Creation.

I’m sure that a lot of you will howl in protest at this and I don’t blame you. I am very proud to call my self an Atheist.
I do, however, realize that I often say it out loud a dinner parties and such just to see the shocked reaction.

I guess my question becomes this:

1) Do we all want to make others realize that religion is all Gobshite (Mouth shit)
or am I the only one?

2) How serious about changing those peoples minds are we?

Think up something warm and fuzzy that people feel comfortable enough to cuddle next to their dogma soaked minds, not realizing that a new thought is seeping in.
Because I can guarantee that as soon as you say “Atheist” the steel door of mindless resistance to logic and reason slams shut.


No comments: