Monday, March 20, 2006

It's not up to me to prove that god doesn't exist.

By
Harry Bathwater


I recently received an email from someone who runs a Christian website, and in answer to my comment that god doesn't exist they asked me to "Prove it"

I'm sorry but that is the wrong way round.

If you believe something and you want others to believe it also, the onus is on you to prove your theory using evidence and data.

There is no evidence and data backing up a belief in god because there is no such thing as god.

If I was to assert that all living things were created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster you would want me to provide proof. I can't because it's untrue.

I challenge anyone to point to ANY firm evidence, not feelings or anecdotal stories but actual duplicateable evidence, that shows god exists.

You can’t because he doesn’t.

I can, however, give you mountains of logic that disproves his existance. Mountains of it!!

3 comments:

Anon said...

In theory, you could use the classic agnostic/atheist defence in disapproving God -- The Ockham's Razor.

In practice, good bloody luck looking for a theist willing to listen to reason....

Harry Bathwater said...

Sadly Ockham's Razor is lost on theists. They are too brainwashed to understand it's logic.

So I agree that it's going to be hard to find "theists willing to listen" but that doesn't mean we should not try.
The world is in the mess that it it's in because far too many realists are being silent.

Anon said...

Lost on theists? The Ockham's Razor was created by a theist!

But then again, it has been a long, long time....