Sunday, May 21, 2006

An un-scientific observation.

This is a very un-scientific observation, but I must say that, as I look at all the people I know or have met, it seems that the more intelligent and educated a person is the less likely they are to believe in god.

There are many intelligent and well educated people who profess to a belief in god but they have to for the sake of their livelihood. Politicians, talk show hosts, teli-evangelists and so forth. Rush Limbaugh is a good example. Even though I disagree with almost everything that says, he is still clearly an intelligent person. His entire career is based on a right wing platform and that includes deference to the almighty. I don’t believe for a second that he really believes the god story but for the sake of his career he has to.

If fact the only exception to this rule that I can see is me!
I’m a somewhat stupid person and yet it’s obvious to me that god is a man made myth.

No comments: